The final squad of our program.
The Gold Squad is exclusive to athletes who regularly meet National Qualifying times. As a Gold Squad swimmer, attending all training sessions on time, being enthusiastic, and having a professional attitude is a must. The expectation is to attend a minimum of seven (7) & a maximum of nine (9) 2.5hr training sessions per week to maintain high-performance standards.
The Gold Squad is specifically for athletes who have the ability to swim competitively at a national level and hence must regularly meet National Qualifying times. To be able to swim at this level is through the recommendation of the Head Coach to ensure athletes are reaching their potential. We’re looking for swimmers who personally have the ambition and drive to reach the highest level in swimming.
Swimmers must attend targeted meets. Regular consultation with the coach regarding goal setting, cross-training exercise, advance athlete monitoring and management are to be adhered to. The squad trains at a high intensity, focusing to improve on three main areas: swimming technique, strength and endurance.
The following is expected of Gold swimmers:
- State Open/ National Team – Age & Open Nationals
- Attendance to these sessions as directed by coach
- Positive approach & mature attitude in training sessions must be shown
- Results to achieve National Qualifying times are required
- Efficiency at slow speed is a prerequisite for efficiency at high speed
- Use of Test Sets
- Lane discipline and etiquette
- Swimmers must have a high level of competency in all of the above requirements of previous squad levels and must have high knowledge of the rules of the sport
- Review on swimmer’s performance will determine their ability to remain in the squad on a 6-month basis
- Maintain National or State Open Qualifying Times
|Lesson Price:||$40.00 per week|
|Length of Lesson:||minimum of seven (7) and a maximum of nine (9) 2.5hr sessions per week|
Please be advised that swimmers in Gold squad must manage assessment and school/education workloads effectively.