Acrobatic Gymnastics is a spectacular sport for thrill-seekers who love performing balances, flips and twists with their friends. While other gymnasts might perform their tricks on gymnastic equipment, acrobats find themselves balancing on their teammate’s feet, hands or shoulders.
The sport is open to both males and females, where they’ll work in teams of two, three or four to create spectacular routines choreographed to music. Synchronised dance moves are tied together with individual gymnastic elements.
There are three types of competitive routine and five group categories. All routines are choreographed to music and take place on a 12m x 12m sprung floor area.
- Balance; artful demonstrations of strength, balance, flexibility, and agility
- Dynamics; showing flight from throws, boosts, pitches, and catches
- Combination; elements from the balance and dynamic routines
- Women’s Pairs; one base and one top
- Men’s Pairs; one base and one top
- Mixed Pairs; a male base and a female top
- Women’s Groups; a base, middle and top
- Men’s Fours; a base, middle one, middle two and a top
The benefits of participating in Acrobatic Gymnastics include:
- Enhances balance, coordination, and agility
- Helps develop better posture and body movement
- Challenges the mind and body to courageously reach new goals
- Builds strength, flexibility, and power
Acrobatic Gymnastics will test your technical precision and creativity as you create routines with your pair/group. Athletes in our Acrobatic Gymnastics classes will also develop lasting life skills including confidence, teamwork and an understanding of risk and time management.
- Create and perfect dynamic routines with your partner/group
- Develop a sense of belonging and necessary life skills that they’ll bring off the mat
|Lesson Price:||Depending on level of athlete|
|Length of Lesson:||Depending on level of athlete|