Men’s Artistic Gymnastics channels a male athlete’s energy to develop power, strength, and control. Our program provides an outlet for boys of any age to apply strength and discipline, building their confidence and testing their mobility, endurance, flexibility, and coordination. When they are confident enough that they’ve mastered the skills, they’ll be able to challenge themselves even further by competing at a local, national or even international level.
Men’s Gymnastics consists of six competitive apparatus:
- Floor is an exercise in pure acrobatics, alternating between powerful tumbling series and artistic gymnastic elements. Composure is necessary for balance and strength elements,
- Pommel Horse involves routines circling legs together and pendulous, scissor swings with the legs split, combining these movements while turning and travelling along the horse.
- Rings is a difficult combination of strength and swinging elements requiring control, strength, and balance in the forward and backward swings and strength holds.
- Vault stars with a 25m sprint, creating the necessary power to explode from the board before the dynamic push off the table, to generate greater height for rotations and flight before landing on the other side.
- Parallel Bars routines require swinging above and below the bars with acrobatic flight, changes of directions and precise balances, ending in a dramatic dismount off the side or the end of the bars.
- Horizontal Bar is a spectacular apparatus, largely due to the combination and variation of giant swings, acrobatic releases, and re-grasp flight elements. The high dismounts from the bar allow the gymnast to show his acrobatic talents and landing prowess.
Much like many gymnastic disciplines, our Men’s Gymnastics competitive stream benefits a growing boy, especially as it teaches your son focus and self-discipline. Other benefits may include:
- Challenges the mind and body to reach new goals
- Develops healthy minds and bodies for now and later in life
- Increases level of concentration
- Develops confident body movement
- Enhances coordination and agility
They’ll be able to feel exhilarated, flying and swinging through the air!
- Mastering the 6 gymnastic competitive apparatus to compete at the local, national or even international levels.
- Further developing and refining their gymnastic skills
|Lesson Price:||Depending on level of athlete|
|Length of Lesson:||Depending on level of athlete|