Sydney Gymnastic and Aquatic Centre (SGAC) West HQ remains open for business, albeit with some temporary adjustments to accommodate today’s announcement by the Australian Government that all non-essential indoor gatherings of more than 100 persons maximum are to be applied within venue zones.
Effective immediately, SGAC has implemented the following temporary practices:
- Partitioning curtains have been lowered to section off Gymnastics halls, giving three clear designated zones to operate from
- A maximum capacity of 100 persons for the Grandstand area
- Parents of children in swimming programs are to view classes from the Café area with a maximum capacity of 100 persons
- Aquatics instructors will notify parents when it is time to collect their children from class
- Hygiene messages across our centre
- Increased sanitisation throughout the venue
- Proactive monitoring of social distancing
- All patrons are encouraged to practice good hygiene and social distancing methods.
Swim Australia has also released information today advising the following, of which SGAC already adheres to:
“There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19”
All classes and programs across Gymnastics and Aquatics continue to run as normal. If program times change, you will be notified.
For more information regarding the above matters, please contact Customer Service 02 9851 5811.