At Sydney Gymnastic and Aquatic Centre, West HQ, protecting the health, safety, and wellbeing of our customers and workforce is our highest priority.
We continue to actively monitor all developments in relation to COVID-19 and are following advice immediately as issued by NSW Health and relevant related bodies.
Update: Effective 12 January 2021, face masks are no longer mandatory for hospitality staff. We recognise you may continue to choose to wear masks when visiting our venue. You may be requested to remove this briefly to identify yourself upon arrival.
SGAC Centre Capacity has increased to the one person per 2m² rule. Capacity signs will be displayed in each area to indicate the number of persons, including children, permitted (excluding staff). Staff may request visitors to relocate to other areas if it reaches capacity.
Our ongoing COVID Safety controls are still in place including:
- If you are feeling unwell or have been in the company of anyone who has been unwell or positively tested for COVID-19 we respectfully request you do not enter.
- All visitors, including members, must check-in via the Service NSW app or the Online Concierge form (our friendly customer service staff can assist if you require to use the form).
- All Members must swipe their membership card for access into the facility. All non-members will need to see Customer Service for entry.
- Continued on-site cleaning and sanitisation
- Hand sanitiser stations throughout the Centre
- Social distancing measures to be adhered to
- Application of one person per 2m² rule within the venue.
Everyone is required to sign in using the Service NSW QR code, as advised by the NSW government. We recommend downloading the Service NSW app prior to your next visit.
Upon entering you will need to do the following:
- Hold and hover your smartphone camera over the QR code, which can be found on signage at the Main Entrance.
- Click the link that pops up on your screen and follow the prompts until you are checked in with the Service NSW app.
- Show your phone confirmation to one of the friendly Customer Service staff.
- Your Membership card is still required to enter through the gates at reception as this is our internal sign-in process for marking attendance in your registered program.
- Don’t forget to check-out when you leave, which you can do from within the app
SGAC has an alternative check-in method available for Members and Athletes who are unable to use the QR code system, our friendly customer service team will be available to assist with this process.
It is a requirement when entering Sydney Gymnastic & Aquatic Centre to electronically sign in via with a membership card. This ensures accurate electronic records are kept for contact tracing and capacity restrictions, as well as creating a seamless transition entry to your child’s class or spectator area. By entering the facility, you declare that you and any minors in your care are free from any symptoms of COVID-19. It is also a requirement, in line with social distancing measures, that one parent/caregiver be allowed into the facility with your swimmer(s)/gymnast(s).
This ‘new normal’ will be an adjustment for all and we anticipate we will continue to experience changes as further information is released by the Commonwealth and NSW Governments, as well as Royal Life Saving NSW & Gymnastics Australia/ NSW. However, rest assured the team at SGAC are as committed as ever to ensuring we deliver a quality Learn to Swim & Gymnastics program to your child.
Below are a set of guidelines that will be in place until further notice. It is important you familiarise yourself with these new standards. We all play a role. We are all in this together.
HOW WE ARE TAKING CARE OF YOU
OTHER IMPORTANT MEASURES AND INFORMATION
- Only come to your classes if you and your child are well
- Changerooms are now open for your convenience. However, West HQ encourages swimmers to arrive ready for lessons
- Staff training implemented
- Cleaning of all Learn to Swim & Gymnastic equipment after each class
- Café running on reduced menu
- Extensive signage and customer service support on site
- 2m2 rule applied
- Limitations on capacity numbers
- Adherence to all Government restrictions
- All competitive classes will run on an ‘arrive-train-depart’ basis
- Gymnasts are encouraged to arrive ready to train, however, change rooms are now open
- Parents (with some age exceptions) are asked to drop and go. We will encourage all drop-offs and pick-ups to occur at Customer Service
- If your child is too young to be left alone we are enforcing a one parent/caregiver per family policy
- Hands and in some circumstances, feet must be washed and/or sanitised before entering the gym area, as well as before using apparatuses
- Skill training will be different and will focus on the safe development of skills
- Sadly, there can be no hugs or high fives for now. Physical contact will be limited, but your coach may spot for safety.
- If you or your child are unwell, PLEASE STAY HOME
- Lockers are to be cleared out after every session so they can be cleaned and sanitised regularly
- All competitive athletes will need to bring all equipment/clothing/spray bottles in a bag
- All competitive gymnasts will need to purchase a block of chalk. This must be kept in a container or zip lock bag clearly marked with your child’s name and must not be shared with other athletes.
- Blocks of chalk will be available for purchase at our customer service desk for $3. There will be no chalk buckets on the floor.
- Athletes must listen to staff and coaches and adhere to all safety guidelines along with our current code of conduct.
SGAC is doing everything to comply with all COVID-safe guidelines. We ask you and your family to endeavour to do the same.
If you have any questions or concerns about your child’s program or fees, please email Customer Service on [email protected].
We will continue to keep you informed as we navigate our way through our new normal. Stayed connected with us on social media and our newsletters.