We are so pleased to be reopening our doors and welcoming you back to Gymnastics at SGAC on Monday 22 June. It will be so good to see you back in the gym.
As we reopen our doors, we must be reminded there will be changes to the way our centre once operated. You will now be asked to:
- Declare on behalf of yourself or any minors in your company that you are not displaying any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 upon entry.
- Provide a telephone number for Government contact tracing requirements.
This ‘new normal’ will be an adjustment for all, rest assured the team at SGAC are as committed as ever to ensuring we deliver a quality Gymnastics program to your child.
All competitive athletes would have received their new return to training timetable in their inbox this week. Your child will be booked into their new class automatically so there is no action required from you.
If you haven’t received your timetable, please contact Gymnastics directly via our email [email protected]. The new squad and relevant fees will be updated in your family account and be reflected in the direct debit due on 2 July 2020. All other terms and conditions will still apply.
All School-aged recreational classes (Gym Fun, Gym Skills, Intermediate Gym Skills, Advanced Gym Skills and Teen Skills) will start back on Monday 22 June.
Your child will remain in the same class they were in before our shutdown, which means there is no further action required from you. The first direct debit will be due on 2 July 2020. All other terms and conditions will still apply.
Preschool Classes (Kinder Fun, Kinder Gym, Kinder Skills) along with all SNAP and Adult gymnastic classes will not commence till early July. SGAC will be in contact with you closer to this date. You will not be charged any fees until your classes commence.
Our Customer Service will reopen on Thursday 18 June. If you need to change your child’s class, please email us on [email protected].
HOW WE ARE TAKING CARE OF YOU
OTHER IMPORTANT MEASURES AND INFORMATION
- All competitive classes will run on an ‘arrive-train-depart’ basis
- Gymnasts are encouraged to arrive ready to train, however, change rooms are now open
- Parents (with some age exceptions) are asked to drop and go. We will encourage all drop-offs and pick-ups to occur at Customer Service
- If your child is too young to be left alone we are enforcing a one parent/caregiver per family policy
- Hands and in some circumstances, feet must be washed and/or sanitised before entering the gym area, as well as before using apparatuses
- Skill training will be different and will focus on the safe development of skills
- Sadly, there can be no hugs or high fives for now. Physical contact will be limited, but your coach may spot for safety.
- If you or your child are unwell, PLEASE STAY HOME
- Lockers are to be cleared out after every session so they can be cleaned and sanitised regularly
- All competitive athletes will need to bring all equipment/clothing/spray bottles in a bag
- All competitive gymnasts will need to purchase a block of chalk. This must be kept in a container or zip lock bag clearly marked with your child’s name and must not be shared with other athletes.
- Blocks of chalk will be available for purchase at our customer service desk for $3. There will be no chalk buckets on the floor.
- Athletes must listen to staff and coaches and adhere to all safety guidelines along with our current code of conduct.
SGAC is doing everything to comply with all COVID-safe guidelines. We ask you and your family to endeavour to do the same.
If you have any questions or concerns about your child’s program or fees, please email Customer Service on [email protected]. Remember to stay connected with us on social media, via our website, and our newsletters. It will be so good to see you back at SGAC.