We are so pleased to be reopening our doors and welcoming you back to swimming & gymnastics classes!
As we reopen our doors, we must be reminded there will be changes to the way our centre once operated.
Update: Effective 26 September, there will be a change to SGAC’s conditions of entry.
In line with the change to the Public Health Order and announcements made from NSW Office of Sport and Gymnastics NSW, we are pleased to advise that our conditions of entry will now allow for more than one parent/guardian to attend the facility whilst your children participate in Swimming and Gymnastics activities. This change is subject to SGAC adhering to all other elements of our COVID safe plan which includes the 500-person limit for community sport activities (including participants, officials and spectators) and/or adhering to the one person per 4m2 rule in indoor spaces.
We ask that only essential spectators attend the facility to assist with us adhering to our 500-person limit.
Update: Effective 19 August, it is a requirement when entering Sydney Gymnastic & Aquatic Centre to electronically sign in via with a membership card. This ensures accurate electronic records are kept for contact tracing and capacity restrictions, as well as creating a seamless transition entry to your child’s class or spectator area. By entering the facility, you declare that you and any minors in your care are free from any symptoms of COVID-19. It is also a requirement, in line with social distancing measures, that one parent/caregiver be allowed into the facility with your swimmer(s)/gymnast(s).
This ‘new normal’ will be an adjustment for all and we anticipate we will continue to experience changes as further information is released by the Commonwealth and NSW Governments, as well as Royal Life Saving NSW & Gymnastics Australia/ NSW. However, rest assured the team at SGAC are as committed as ever to ensuring we deliver a quality Learn to Swim & Gymnastics program to your child.
Below are a set of guidelines that will be in place until further notice. It is important you familiarise yourself with these new standards. We all play a role. We are all in this together.
HOW WE ARE TAKING CARE OF YOU
OTHER IMPORTANT MEASURES AND INFORMATION
- Only come to your classes if you and your child are well
- Changerooms are now open for your convenience. However, West HQ encourages swimmers to arrive ready for lessons
- Staff training implemented
- Cleaning of all Learn to Swim & Gymnastic equipment after each class
- Café running on reduced menu
- Extensive signage and customer service support on site
- 4m2 rule applied
- Limitations on capacity numbers
- Adherence to all Government restrictions
- All competitive classes will run on an ‘arrive-train-depart’ basis
- Gymnasts are encouraged to arrive ready to train, however, change rooms are now open
- Parents (with some age exceptions) are asked to drop and go. We will encourage all drop-offs and pick-ups to occur at Customer Service
- If your child is too young to be left alone we are enforcing a one parent/caregiver per family policy
- Hands and in some circumstances, feet must be washed and/or sanitised before entering the gym area, as well as before using apparatuses
- Skill training will be different and will focus on the safe development of skills
- Sadly, there can be no hugs or high fives for now. Physical contact will be limited, but your coach may spot for safety.
- If you or your child are unwell, PLEASE STAY HOME
- Lockers are to be cleared out after every session so they can be cleaned and sanitised regularly
- All competitive athletes will need to bring all equipment/clothing/spray bottles in a bag
- All competitive gymnasts will need to purchase a block of chalk. This must be kept in a container or zip lock bag clearly marked with your child’s name and must not be shared with other athletes.
- Blocks of chalk will be available for purchase at our customer service desk for $3. There will be no chalk buckets on the floor.
- Athletes must listen to staff and coaches and adhere to all safety guidelines along with our current code of conduct.
SGAC is doing everything to comply with all COVID-safe guidelines. We ask you and your family to endeavour to do the same.
If you have any questions or concerns about your child’s program or fees, please email Customer Service on [email protected].
We will continue to keep you informed as we navigate our way through our new normal. Stayed connected with us on social media and our newsletters. It will be so good to see you back at SGAC.