Fitter for Life
From 17 April, SGAC will be running the Fitter of Life program, helping over 55’s improve mobility, strength, balance, coordination, and flexibility. There are two types of classes.
Join our Gentle Gym or Synergy Swim programs.
What is Synergy Swim?
Synergy Swim is an effective way to keep active, especially if you have chronic health conditions such as arthritis, joint problems, and circulation issues. The program provides low-impact, low-weight bearing exercises, and provides many benefits for seniors who want to stay active:
- Works out the heart muscles
- Enhances balance and coordination
- Easy on the joints
- Reduces risk of injury
- Weight loss and increases metabolism
- Builds lean muscle mass and strength
- Recovery from injury Chronic conditions
- Social benefits
Our pools provide a fitness environment for all ages or ability levels. The ability to swim is not required for you to enjoy our classes!
What is Gentle Gym?
Gentle Gym is a great way to boost your physical and mental activity!
This program caters for people of all abilities and mobility. It focuses on key skills to assist with everyday activities, falls prevention and overall physical wellbeing.
It can help with the following everyday activities:
- Hanging out washing
- Playing with grandchildren
- Bending down and standing up
- Going grocery shopping
Not only is Gentle Gym great for your physical health it also has great mental health benefits, as it introduces you to new people in the community, challenges your memory, concentration and coordination as well as gives you an overall feeling of accomplishment!
ALL participants MUST complete a Pre-Screen questionnaire before commencing.
Fitter for Life Membership
- $25/Week – $50.00/Fortnight
- Direct Debits in line with Direct Debit calendar
- Membership Includes:
- Unlimited Access to Synergy Swim and Gentle Gym classes (sessions)
- No minimum contract term.
- 14-day written notice via an online form or email to Customer Service. Fees will continue to be payable during this time. Any account credit will be forfeited on cancellation.
- Join fee of $25 which covers the annual GNSW Registration
T&Cs apply, see here for more details.