Our Gym Skills classes are designed to further develop and ‘perfect’ gymnastic skills. The intention of this program is for your child to eventually progress into our competitive program stream.
While not every child will want to progress to a competitive level, our program will prepare them for the next levels- Intermediate Gym Skills and Advance Gym Skills. However, we also provide your child with “competition experience” as we host non-compulsory in-house competitions twice a year.
As they progress with their levels, your child will learn more complex skills to maximise their potential within gymnastics. Our coaches will help your child develop skill-specific training to enable them to progress into developmental levels. This program focuses on specific components such as flexibility, muscular strength. The classes are mixed including both boys and girls, each working on skills specific to their discipline, which will be as follows:
- Floor work – developing skills like handstands, cartwheels, walkovers, leaps, and turns
- Bar work
- Beam work
- Acrobatic gymnastics
- Trampoline – using either the double mini or the tumble track
Levels within this program are M, N, A, S, T and I (according to the Recreational Gymnastics Pathway), and core skills to progress to the next level are tested quarterly.
- 3 stages to program with 2 levels each, tested quarterly, to progress and maximise child’s gymnastic potential
- Discipline-specific and individualised training is given
- Can participate in in-house competitions twice a year to have “competition experience” if they don’t want to progress to competition streams.